PISA - Secrets of Finnish and European education systems!
Place: Joensuu, Finland
Working language: English
Sessions, (they are similar, you can choose best suitable for you). pre-registration from this link!
SESSION 2/2022 20.6.-24.06. 2022 (420€), FREE PLACES!
SESSION 3/2022 08.10.-12.10. 2022, (420€)FREE PLACES!
SESSION 1/2023 02.07.-06.07. 2023, (420€)FREE PLACES!
PISA WEEK IN FINLAND - aims and outcomes:
Very popular course in education wonderland FINLAND!!!
Latest PISA tests were made in 2018 and main results were published 3rd December 2019. Next test year is in 2022 because of COVID-19 situation.
During eduKarjala PISA week you will learn how Finnish education system works and we will also compare and find the best sides of other European and Asian educations systems, including your own.
After training week participants will know about Finnish and European education systems, teacher training, special support, curriculum and school buildings and co-operation with parents and stake holders.
Participants can also develope their professional English level and learn about other European educations systems. They will also get new teacher collegues from all over the Europe and they can start thinking example a new project together.
Course aims in nutshell are:
- participants learn about Finnish education system generally
- participants will know how in Finland you learn how they support special need and talented children in Finland
- that participants learn what kind of schools there are in Finland
- that participants learn about Finnish curriculum and curricula of participant countries
- Participants know how assesment process in curriculum is in Finland and other participant countries
- that participants understand how different school systems there are inside Europe
- that parcipants learn to develope their professional English about education
- participants learn about Finnish and European cultures
- learn how teacher training is organized inside Europe
- learn how co-operation among schools and parants is working in participant countries and Finland
Themes of education week:
- PISA and OECD - Can we trust this survay?
- Comparing education systems of participants
- Finnish education system - why one of the bests in PISA in Europe year after year? Case South Korea and Singapore as examples
- Curriculum and teacher training in Finland and in participant countries
- Teaching special needs children
- Pedagogy of gifted children
- How to avoid dropouts in schools
- School buildings and school organizations in participant countries and in Finland
- Culture and learning environments in a future schools
- Learning motivating methods of new generation
Course fee is 420 €/participant. Course fee includes education, certificates, trips, transportation (if needed) during course week, coffee/tea breaks and one cultural evening with dinner. Course fee must be paid three days before course to bank account or with later instructions.
Erasmus+ KA1 possibilities:
Next closing date for Erasmus+ KA1 applications is February 23rd 2022.
More information is available from our website and from your national Erasmus+ agency. So, you can book your place before making application to Erasmus+ and when you get decision let us now if you are really coming. If you have other financial sources, you are also welcome!
This course is very popular! Show your interest making a pre-registration from this link!
Schedule of five days: (can change, depending also about the season and group size)
1st day (10:00 AM-)
Let's get together Europe! Guided walk to course place from hotel (if course is not in hotel). Getting to know each others, course providers and city of Joensuu and Finland. Finnish education system. Participant presentations of their own school systems.
Workshops about Finnish curriculum, teacher training, mathematic pedagogy. Every pupil is important - special support in Finland.
Deeper with PISA. General results and tests used by OECD. Conversations and group analysing about level of education. Gifted children, meaning of good counceling.
Trip to countryside and KOLI national park. Finnish nature and culture and their meaning for education.
Evening: Finnish cultural evening with dinner and drinks
5th day (09:00-13:00)
Future of Education. What kind of education do we need in Europe in a future? Skills or knowledge? Closing ceremonies and certificates. ( official part is over about 13:00 o'clock.).